[tor-relays] Tolerant hosting for exit node.

George george at queair.net
Sun Sep 17 23:50:00 UTC 2017

nusenu:

> Alec Larsen:
>> https://okservers.net/ is newer, but they are Tor friendly, very price
>> competitive, and allow payment in Bitcoin.
>

> That AS hosts already >2.5% exit probability (position #8 on the biggest
> exit ASes) because it hosts the fastest exit.
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/as:AS395978
>
> Please consider finding new hosters compass can help with that:
> https://compass.torproject.org (filter for your planed relay type
> guard/exit and group by AS/country)

TDP also has some reports on ASs at https://torbsd.github.io/oostats.html

Come to think of it, we should probably do a report listing the
nonlisted ASs. I'm beginning to think that AS and operating system
diversity by consensus weight fraction diversity would be an ideal goal
in the immediate term for the network.

You can fork the stats scripts yourself and tinker if interested:

https://github.com/torbsd/tdp-onion-stats/

And this is a list of some BSD (and often Linux) VPS-type providers with
some details not necessarily on the GoodBadISP list:

https://github.com/torbsd/torbsd.github.io/blob/master/docs/bsd-vps.md

5F77 765E 40D6 5340 A0F5 3401 4997 FF11 A86F 44E2