[tor-relays] Some Dir Authorities blocked

dawuud dawuud at riseup.net
Sat Sep 16 23:44:41 UTC 2017

> Your only option would be to ask your ISP to uncensor the internet,
> unfortunately. Tor requires that all relays are able to contact all
> other relays, and those which cannot participate in the network.

I think you meant to say:
"Tor requires that all relays are able to contact all directory authorities"

Tor certainly does NOT require all relays can contact all relays.  In
fact, the network is *very* partitioned... but as of the past few
months I haven't put any energy into proving this; although I do have
some mostly finished twisted python code to make all two hop tor
circuits and records circuit build failures and circuit build timeouts.