[tor-relays] HOW-TO: Simple DNS resolver for tor exit operators

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Sep 12 21:06:16 UTC 2017

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:43:35 -0700
"Igor Mitrofanov" <igor.n.mitrofanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alternatively, the Tor community could run our own DNS servers, and every exit node would use those by default.

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 22:11:23 +0200 (CEST)
jpmvtd261 at laposte.net wrote:

> from the owner of the DNS server.

THE owner of THE dns server. Right.

Too bad DNS servers are not something a regular person can own, so we have to
be at mercy of those shady all-knowing uber-powerful Owners of the DNS Servers.

Lacking that, there must be a Community which gathers together to Run One.

Oh wait, we need none of that, and running a resolver which answers to no one
and can only be tracked via traffic monitoring (i.e. if they do that, you're
f*cked anyway) is just an "apt-get install unbound" away.

Are you sure you understand how Internet architecture works, before proposing
"solutions".

--
With respect,
Roman