[tor-relays] sum of consensus weight of 2 relays running at the same IP

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 12:45:13 UTC 2017

On 29 Oct 2017, at 23:30, Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:

>> On 10/29/2017 01:24 PM, teor wrote:
>> Possibly.
>>
>> Are the relays CPU-limited, or bandwidth-limited?
>
> Not at all, neither limited by a config value nor by the hardware (1GBit/s, 200 MBit/s guaranteed, i7-3930, all non-Tor processes have "nice" in front, ids are 1AF72E8906E6C49481A791A6F8F84F8DFEBBB2BA and 6EABEBF38CE7E3DF672C4DB01383606FE3EB2215)

I'm sorry, this doesn't help me answer your question.

Usually, a relay is limited by either the available network bandwidth, or by the
speed of a single CPU core on the machine.

If the first relay used all the available bandwidth, then two relays will eventually
have lower consensus weight values.

If the first relay used all of a single CPU core for its main thread, then the two
relays will eventually have similar consensus weight values.