[tor-relays] Testing Golang relay implementation

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Oct 25 20:33:39 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 10:54:38AM -0700, Michael McLoughlin wrote:
> Yes I am very aware of Tom van der Woerdt's previous work, and I am
> attempting to avoid some of the problems he faced. This implementation is
> pure Go, so I will not have cgo-based issues at least.

Great! Yes, I think the memory bloat was the main issue that stopped Tom.

Also, you should take a look at Alex's talk about his erlang Tor relay
implementation experiences, including lessons learned and why he became
less enthusiastic about maintaining a separate Tor relay implementation:
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-304-introducing_talla_an_erlang_implementation_of_tor

--Roger