[tor-relays] Testing Golang relay implementation

Michael McLoughlin mmcloughlin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 04:18:40 UTC 2017

All,

I am working on a pure Golang relay implementation.

https://github.com/mmcloughlin/pearl/

I have thus far been testing locally with chutney (
https://gitweb.torproject.org/chutney.git). The project is not complete by
any stretch, but I believe I am close to the point where it can handle Tor
network traffic. I expect I can learn *a lot* by running against real
traffic rather than my sandboxed environment.

I wanted to get in touch with the community before going live. Any advice
gratefully received.

The implementation identifies itself clearly in the server descriptor, both
in the "platform" and "contact" items. If people notice any problems with
the relay specifically they will be able to contact me.

Thanks,
Mike