[tor-relays] decrease in traffic

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Mon Oct 23 21:26:12 UTC 2017

I'm new to running a Tor relay and started one about a month ago.   I've
got 50 Mbps dedicated to it and at first it climbed in traffic pretty
steadily until it got to around 25-30 Mbps being used.   Since then, it
has declined steadily and is down to about 350 KBps now (yes, I'm
keeping the units straight).

My node is a single core VPS running 3.2GHz and with 1GB RAM.
Currently, top shows tor as using about 15% of the memory.  When it was
churning out at the maximum rate it got to, the CPU was pretty
hammered.  I was considering allocating another core, but there is no
need anymore as it is hovering around 7% usage.

The server is running on Ubuntu 16.04.3 and I'm running 0.3.1.7 tor.

Am I doing something wrong to result in the decrease in traffic?  Any
advice is appreciated.

Trey Nolen