[tor-relays] Tor t-shirts

I beatthebastards at inbox.com
Mon Oct 23 00:10:52 UTC 2017

Kat,

>> Kat wrote
  The script tells us if the relay has been up for two months, whether
  it's uptime is at least 95%, and the average traffic for the past two
  months. But we add our more forgiving judgement to those results. For
  example, if a relay doesn't meet the traffic requirements in the
  two month period, but we can see from the Atlas graphs that it
  did in the past, we consider it eligible. If a relay is very close to
  the traffic requirement, we tend to squint and call it good. I don't
  worry so much about the uptime requirement encoded in the script because
  it's not in the requirements stated on the t-shirt page.

That's a first i.e. a plain and clear explanation of how tshirts are calculated.
It would be good to have it somewhere amongst the setting up of a relay instructions.

It seems to me that it might be better to have a reward for the first stage of running a relay(s) at a couple of months and another reward for much longer, faster or financial commitment.
That could be anything but I'd be happy with a different tshirt perhaps of better quality so it lasted longer.

Rob