[tor-relays] Tor t-shirts

Kat kat at sigstop.org
Sun Oct 22 18:11:43 UTC 2017

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 21/10/17 09:06, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>> That said, the folks handling tshirt requests are the real arbiters
>> of how they are interpreting my sentences, so I will defer to them. :)

The script tells us if the relay has been up for two months, whether
it's uptime is at least 95%, and the average traffic for the past two
months. But we add our more forgiving judgement to those results. For
example, if a relay doesn't meet the traffic requirements in the
previous two month period, but we can see from the Atlas graphs that it
did in the past, we consider it eligible. If a relay is very close to
the traffic requirement, we tend to squint and call it good. I don't
worry so much about the uptime requirement encoded in the script because
it's not in the requirements stated on the t-shirt page.

> I was sure we had a bug for this, but I can't find it. Here's a bug I
> just filed to include eligibility information for a t-shirt on
> Atlas:

> It would be great to have someone from the t-shirts team comment here,
> as I'm not exactly sure what the criteria are.

The script would need to be updated as it currently uses the wrong
threshold for exit traffic (100 KBytes/s rather than 250 KBytes/s). And
we'd need to decide whether to consider the uptime calculation.

And the rule is one t-shirt per person, not per relay. We'd need to make
it very clear (somewhere) that if you've already gotten your shirt, the
fact that Atlas now says you're eligible doesn't mean you get another
one.

I'll add this info to the ticket.

  -Kat