[tor-relays] Tor t-shirts

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sat Oct 21 08:06:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 12:28:34AM +0100, Dylan Issa wrote:
> To add on this, if my Tor relay was restarted for a reason (resets downtime) but previously had ~50 days uptime, if I get the remaining 10 days am I eligible? Or must it be at least 60 days of continuous uptime?
> Because I had 50 days, so if I need to wait another 2 months that???ll be depressing

When I originally wrote the qualifying text, I definitely did not mean
to require an uptime of 60 days. I think my thought process was more
that if you have downtime in the 60 days, then your relay's throughput
needs to be proportionally higher to account for the time where your
speed is effectively 0. And I guess there is some unspecified threshold
where you have so much downtime in the 60 days that you can't really
argue that you were "running the relay for the past two months".

That said, the folks handling tshirt requests are the real arbiters
of how they are interpreting my sentences, so I will defer to them. :)

--Roger