[tor-relays] atlas.cogentco.com Is blocking

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Oct 19 02:38:51 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 01:19:21AM +0000, Paul Templeton wrote:
>> Whoever runs that node will need to talk to their ISP support team to
>get it unblocked.
>
>Thanks Andy - the reason I asked because its not with the Service Provider it's there upstream carrier - I have lodged a ticket with the carrier and waiting to here back. The ISP doesn't know anything. I haven't received any notification - it was dropped with no indication... Plus when have major international carriers started to drop IP address???

Null routing a /32 is a standard technique for dealing with massive DDoS
attacks.  Your netblock is operated by DigiCube, they have someone who
manages their BGP configuration and they are likely the one who needs to
restore access (assuming whatever issue caused them to null route it is
now resolved).

-andy