[tor-relays] "Bug: Duplicate call to circuit_mark_for_close"

tor tor at anondroid.com
Wed Oct 18 04:43:25 UTC 2017

> There's a bug in 0.3.0 and later that causes clients to fetch
> microdescriptors from fallbacks. So fallbacks (and authorities)
> will have extra load until that's fixed.

Makes sense. The relay can't keep up with the extra load. It's basically a DDoS. It's gone into this state 4 times over the past ~ 48 hours.

> I think Tor LTS / 0.2.9 is in Debian stable:
> http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/stable/
>
> I've opened a ticket to add LTS to the Debian repository instructions:
>
> I wouldn't recommend upgrading to 0.3.0 or later, there are stability issues
> on some clients, and maybe relays.

Thanks the info. Unfortunately I upgraded to 0.3.1.7 before reading this (it didn't help), and can't figure out how to obtain 0.2.9.12 from the repos. I've tried these repos:

  deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org trusty main
  deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org jessie main
  deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org stretch main

All of them seem to only offer 0.3.1.7, but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right places or querying apt in the right way.

A static link to a signed dpkg (for 0.2.9.12) would be fine for the moment, if anyone knows of one.

Thanks.