[tor-relays] "Bug: Duplicate call to circuit_mark_for_close"

tor tor at anondroid.com
Tue Oct 17 23:08:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm troubleshooting a Linux relay where the Tor service is having problems. External monitoring alerts indicate both the ORPort and DirPort are unreachable (TCP connection timeout). I can ssh in and the Tor service is still running. The node seems to have increased memory usage at this point but there's no evidence of OOM. I restart the Tor service, monitoring says all is good again, and things seem fine for a bit, until the cycle repeats hours later.

I'm still investigating, but one thing I immediately noticed was hundreds of these lines in the logs:

  [warn] circuit_mark_for_close_(): Bug: Duplicate call to circuit_mark_for_close at ../src/or/onion.c:238 (first at ../src/or/command.c:579) (on Tor 0.2.9.11 )

I found https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/20059 but it's marked as fixed with a backport to 0.2.9.

Any thoughts?