[tor-relays] Using ContactInfo to publish additional relay properties in a standardized way (opt-in)

Iain R. Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Sat Oct 14 23:49:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 14/10/17 23:01, nusenu wrote a proposal.

The ContactInfo field doesn't need to be overloaded again. ):

See proposal 234 [0] for adding bitcoin/zcash/etc addresses.

Maybe we can work out new fields for extrainfo documents [1] that could
contain some of this information.

I do think this is a useful thing to look at, but I just don't think
that ContactInfo is the right way to go about it.

[0]:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/234-remittance-addresses.txt
[1]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n799

Thanks,