[tor-relays] Just got my first Abuse email :-)

Dr Gerard Bulger gerard at bulger.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 12:30:30 UTC 2017

So far I have had no abuse emails or complaints after two months on a new server, using the longer suggested reduced policy list, but I do exclude 80, which seems safer but limits the role as an exit. But 443 open. I closed other potential abuse ports such as 22, 8080, 5900.

It's not the complaints that worry me, but the reaction of the ISP with any complaints, so best avoided until I can afford to be my own ISP.

What are the risks of abuse reports in opening up a wide range of high port numbers as an exit say 20,000-50,000?

Gerry