[tor-relays] dnsmasq configuration for an exit relay (Debian)

jpmvtd261 at laposte.net jpmvtd261 at laposte.net
Mon Oct 9 14:25:46 UTC 2017

Hello,

On 09.10.2017 06:45, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> This time you appear to combine a repetition of your old replies to
> several distinct list messages from various authors with a fresh mix of
> replies? Sorry, but I have no desire to wade through this just to figure
> out which parts I am supposed to answer.

I apologize for this. I am having issues with my email provider when I try
to send an email to the list.

After reading the full conversation again, it appears there was a
misunderstanding. You thought dnsmasq was a caching DNS resolver, but it is
a caching DNS forwarder [1]. This confused me, but now what you said makes
sense.

On 09.10.2017 06:45, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> As for running a resolver properly: Follow my sound advice or don't. If
> you don't, please just let me know your node fingerprints, so I can set
> ExcludeExitNodes accordingly. ;-)

As you said before, using the ISP resolver is a valid option, and this is
why I am going to do it, with the help of dnsmasq or another caching DNS
forwarder. Do you maintain your request for my node fingerprints ?

Regards

[1] https://packages.debian.org/stable/dnsmasq