[tor-relays] Running both Transmission server and Tor relay

Dylan Issa dylan at fdylan.co.uk
Sat Oct 7 14:43:39 UTC 2017

It shouldn't even matter if you torrent if you run an exit: when they
say torrenting through Tor is bad: they mean as a client (using a SOCKS
proxy to run your downloads through the Tor network), not torrenting
whilst running a relay/exit.

Running transmission alongside a Tor relay/exit won't do anything or
degrade anything (unless, of course, torrenting is taking up 99% of your
bandwidth and the Tor relay can only access 1% of it, naturally)

Hope this clears things up for you.