[tor-relays] Feedback wanted: letter to my university's library

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Thu Oct 5 09:19:47 UTC 2017

Kenneth Freeman <kencf0618 at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 10/03/2017 11:31 PM, Scott Bennett wrote:
>
> >      They have refused to let me speak with those making the decisions about
> > what is provided on their public computers, much less to make an organized
> > presentation to them.  I was told that the decisions about software on the
> > computers are made by the library board, not even by the IT staff.  What is
> > a good approach to get better results?  I am at a loss as to how to get the
> > library to emerge from the stone age into the age of the Cheka, much less
> > that of the NSA, FSB, search engine profilers, botnets, packet sniffers,
> > spyware, etc.
>
> One might think that providing the Tor browser would be a no-brainer,
> but that's not the case in the Boise Public Library system. The

     Here, assuming that they have living brains may be unwarranted.

> bureaucratic inertia is a very real thing, so good luck getting them to
> install relays and exits too! First things first.

     I have never asked them to do any such thing.  All I've asked for was
the clients.  The answer has simply been "No" with no explanation whatsoever
provided.
     Sorry to hear that the Boise library is also in the Dark Ages. :--(  Be
careful not to get burned at the stake.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *