[tor-relays] SSH brute force attempts to connect to my Middle Relay IP address

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen traxplayer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:07:49 UTC 2017

On 4 October 2017 at 08:41, Fr33d0m4all <fr33d0m4all at riseup.net> wrote:

> I know, I know about how internet works :) I’ve just simply noted a large
increase in SSH brute force attempts in the last two weeks. BTW I don’t
have root login enabled and I have two factor authentication on my SSH port
(not standard),

I also gets a lot of ssh bruce force attempts but then I drink some hot
chokolade and all
my worries goes away :-)
However I am running on ssh on port 22 so I do expect a lot of bruce force
attempts.

I do find it a bit strange if you are running ssh on another port and still
gets
many bruce force attempts.

Just curious: how many bruce force attempts per day approx? a few thousands?

Regards
Martin