[tor-relays] SSH brute force attempts to connect to my Middle Relay IP address

Fr33d0m4all fr33d0m4all at riseup.net
Wed Oct 4 06:41:17 UTC 2017

I know, I know about how internet works :) I’ve just simply noted a large increase in SSH brute force attempts in the last two weeks. BTW I don’t have root login enabled and I have two factor authentication on my SSH port (not standard), which is enabled only for a single low privileges user, so there’s no problem. I work for a provider and I manage IPS devices, so I know that it is common to have a large amount of intrusion attempts, I was just wondering if there was some attack against Tor nodes going on since the increase of intrusion attempts in the last few weeks :)

Best regards,
   Fr33d0m4All