[tor-relays] SSH brute force attempts to connect to my Middle Relay IP address

Fr33d0m4all fr33d0m4all at riseup.net
Wed Oct 4 06:02:55 UTC 2017

Hi,
My Tor middle relay public IP address is victim of SSH brute force connections’ attempts and the attack is going on since two weeks ago. It’s not a problem, the server that is listening with SSH on the same IP address than my Tor relay blocks the connections and bans the IP addresses (with Fail2Ban) but I just wanted to know if there is some campaign of attacks carried against Tor relays.. are you experiencing the same? The attacks are carried on with a botnet given the large amount of different IP addresses that I see in the logs.

Best regards,
   Fr33d0m4All