[tor-relays] Feedback wanted: letter to my university's library

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon Oct 2 15:58:00 UTC 2017

Hi AJ,

not sure if anyone's brought this up, but you may want to look at:

https://libraryfreedomproject.org/

"
Library Freedom Project is a partnership among librarians,
technologists, attorneys, and privacy advocates which aims to address
the problems of surveillance by making real the promise of
intellectual freedom in libraries. By teaching librarians about
surveillance threats, privacy rights and responsibilities, and digital
tools to stop surveillance, we hope to create a privacy-centric
paradigm shift in libraries and the communities they serve."

In practice as I understand it this in large part involves Libraries
running Tor exits to facilitate their privacy and education goals.

-Jon