[tor-relays] Atlas is now Relay Search!

Iain R. Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Tue Nov 14 22:30:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 14/11/17 21:49, I wrote:
>  Can anyone explain how changing things to The New such as Arm to Nyx
> and Atlas to Relay Search advances anything apart from boredom?

In the case of Atlas/Relay Search, we are consolidating codebases into
something more maintainable, with less code duplication and general
duplication of effort.

By integrating Relay Search into the Tor Metrics website, we will also
move towards a more seamless UX and making it easier to discover related
data, the sources of the data and any analysis that might be useful.

On the surface it may look that all that's changed is the theme and the
name, but a lot is going on underneath too.

Thanks,
Iain.