[tor-relays] my IP got blocked

Julien ROBIN julien.robin28 at free.fr
Tue Nov 14 14:26:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

It's not the first time I hear about Non-Exit IP blocked (but may be
some people here are more familiar with the subject) : I don't really
know what are the most used interfaces/websites from which those
administrators are getting the list of IP addresses before blocking them
(are they downloading the full consensus list like tor clients or from
another website ?).

May be websites proposing these lists should split them in 2 distinct
lists, and normally show only exit nodes unless something very precise
is asked by the user for seeing all tor relays including non exit. For
lazy/angry administrators trying to definitely block all Tor IP
addresses without considering giving any another time or second chance
it would avoid some of these non exit relays blocked ? Of course ideally
those administrators are doing some mistake and the problem is coming
from them more than from anybody else (or may be bad users, too). But
into the facts, when a mistake is repeatedly done, may be changing some
things should be considered ? If possible of course (it's not always
simple or quick).

Best regards,
Julien ROBIN