[tor-relays] my IP got blocked

Matt Traudt sirmatt at ksu.edu
Tue Nov 14 12:45:24 UTC 2017

On 11/14/17 07:38, Patrice wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I`ve got an issue with my local IP address. I am running a relay about 1
> year and since 3 or 4 weeks I can`t reach some websites like: ebay or ikea.
>
> All I get is this message:
>
> *
> *
>
> *Access Denied*
> You don`t have permission to access "Http://www.ebay.com/" on this server.
>
> Reference # ____looong number______
>

> I think I am on some blacklists. After I change my IP address all worked
> fine for only 2 days.
>
> Can I do something about this?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Kind regards
> Kalle

If you're running an exit, they probably saw abusive traffic, didn't
like it, and blocked your IP. You could consider not running an exit
relay from home.

If you're running a non-exit, then they're being dumb for blocking your
IP when it is impossible for abusive traffic to come from your relay.
Some webmasters who don't understand Tor do that, but there's not really
anything we can do. Best I can suggest is you try talking to them, which
isn't a very satisfying suggestion, I know.

Matt