[tor-relays] New on relays and Tor

Vasilis andz at torproject.org
Mon Nov 13 14:52:00 UTC 2017

Hi Alfredo,

Alfredo Bollati:
> Hi all I just started investigating and getting involved with Tor project.
> I have configured my router to port forwarding on one of its ports. Is
> there a way or some steps to follow in order to confirm that my bandwidth
> is being used by the relay?

This mailing thread may be of use:
http://archives.seul.org/or/relays/Aug-2010/msg00034.html

Other ways that you can check the bandwidth usage of your relay is Atlas
(https://atlas.torproject.org/) where you can search your relay's
fingerprint note that the data presented there are not real time but may
help to "visualize" easier some tor relay terminologies.

Since your relays is new it's bandwidth is not going to be fully
utilized read this blog post to find out about the lifecycle of a new
relay in Tor: https://blog.torproject.org/lifecycle-new-relay

Hope this helps.

Thank you for running relays!

Cheers,
~Vasilis
--
Fingerprint: 8FD5 CF5F 39FC 03EB B382 7470 5FBF 70B1 D126 0162
Pubkey: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5FBF70B1D1260162