[tor-relays] Testers needed for Nyx beta release

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 19:42:43 UTC 2017

>> > $ sudo -u _tor ./run_nyx -i 127.0.0.1:XXXX
>> > nyx: environment corrupt; missing value for
>> >   File "/usr/home/ryan/nyx/stem/util/conf.py", line 289, in wrapped
>> >     return func(*args, config = config, **kwargs)
>> >   File "/usr/home/ryan/nyx/nyx/starter.py", line 90, in main
>> >     os.putenv('LANG', 'C')  # make subcommands (ps, netstat, etc) provide
>> > english results
>> > OSError: [Errno 14] Bad address

     14 EFAULT Bad address.  The system detected an invalid address in
             attempting to use an argument of a call.

> I'm not sure if it's clear, but this is FreeBSD complaining that the
> environment string is invalid (an entry is missing the '=' separating
> the name and value).

No, os.putenv is a two argument python function and is correct
as shown above.

> whether nyx/stem/python is somehow causing that,
> or if it's something wrong/weird with your machine.

The former seems more likely, yet
Ryan... review and run this simple test and post any errors...

/bin/sh
uname -a
[ -e etest ] && exit 1
cat << EOF > etest
#!/usr/bin/env -S -i /usr/local/bin/python
import os
os.putenv('LANG', 'FOO')
os.system('/usr/bin/env')
os.putenv('LANG', 'BAR')