[tor-relays] Testers needed for Nyx beta release

Ralph Seichter m16+tor at monksofcool.net
Wed Nov 1 19:03:47 UTC 2017

On 01.11.2017 19:45, Damian Johnson wrote:

> > 'run_nyx --debug /path/to/log' writes staggering amounts of
> > data. From what I see, both DEBUG and TRACE level entries are
> > logged, is this deliberate?
>
> Yup, it's intentional for the debug log to log low level messages.
> That's why it's useful. :P

Lord give me patience, but make it fast... ;-) Let me rephrase: Is it
deliberate that nyx logs both DEBUG and TRACE level messages when I use
the --debug option? I would only expect debug level entries.

> I'd just need the first minute or so of logs to see what's up with the
> connection resolution attempts.

That generates many MB of output data through which I'd rather not wade
aimlessly, trying to identify what to anonymise/delete. Can I for example
get rid of all TRACE entries for starters, or would that render the
output useless to you? What other data would I need to remove so you
don't get unnecessary insight into my nodes' details? I mentioned auth
challenges already.

-Ralph

P.S.: Perhaps we should discuss this further off-list?