[tor-relays] New exit node best practices

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 01:21:49 UTC 2017

> On 27 May 2017, at 11:10, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> What questions should I be asking to be sure they'll be Tor friendly
>> before shutting down my exit nodes?
>
> Often you will find out only after they see the actual abuses coming in,
> but another fine method is to ask for custom WHOIS so the abuse emails
> go to your email address directly.
> (you will not get that from VPS hosters)

One way of getting a custom WHOIS with a VPS hoster is to register a
domain, put yourself as the domain contact, and then make the reverse
DNS of your VPS IP addresses point to that domain.

This only works if:
* the VPS provider lets you set reverse DNS, and
* the abuse notice software checks the owner of the domain as well as
  the IP address (many do).

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n