[tor-relays] New exit node best practices

Isaac Grover, Aileron I.T. igrover at aileronit.com
Sat May 27 00:45:37 UTC 2017

Good evening,

After many months of running a relay, I'm planning to establish up a family of exit nodes with geographically diverse VPS providers, shying away from the list of the most heavily used Tor friendly providers.

Several questions:
- Does establishing a family increase the risk of the nodes being taken down en masse?
- Do you suggest providing ample contact information for the node directory, as opposed to little or none?
- I'm being very upfront with sales@ regarding my purpose before signing up, and making sure they're okay with it. What questions should I be asking to be sure they'll be Tor friendly before shutting down my exit nodes?

Make your day great,
Isaac Grover, Senior I.T. Consultant
Aileron I.T. - "Practical & Proactive I.T. Solutions"

O: 715-377-0440, F:715-690-1029, W: www.aileronit.com