[tor-relays] Who is running the two biggest Exits in the network?

Duncan dguthrie at posteo.net
Fri May 26 22:48:21 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,

Paul:
> Since about mid April there are just two similar Exits making up now
> about 4.5% exit probability together.
> Located in Panama, run in the okservers.net network, AS395978 ,they
> don’t give up any further information about themselves.
>
> Personally I would feel better at least having a contact or even
> better, knowing who is giving that much effort.
> Probably a MyFamily configuration should be placed as well?

I'm just wanting to raise the point, that while lack of contact
information may be concerning, in my opinion the contact information is
definitely not something you should rely on to assess how untrustworthy
a given relay is. A person or group with malicious intentions can fake
this, easily. It is also important to remember that there may be good
reasons for a benevolent group of people to omit contact information.

> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/29C92C854E0F6652A77F3A8B231D6932993969E8
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/2CA4B2F36C2DDECFCB0B5A0D3300ED30E68E2D62
>
> Paul

Regards,