[tor-relays] Kitten1 and kitten2 compromised (guard/hs/fallback directory)

Chris Kerr chris.kerr at mykolab.ch
Sat May 20 16:07:15 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 20 May 2017 17:31:25 CEST Anders Andersson wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM, aeris <aeris+tor at imirhil.fr> wrote:
> >> Could you please share some more information about the incident?
> >
> > From what I know and what I can speak about :
> >
> > A big and sensible French company was infected with Wannacry this 12/05.
>
> Sounds like you meant to write either "sensitive" or "insensible".
> Sensible is not the word I would use to describe this company! :)

Yes, 'sensible', like 'actually' and 'eventually', is a "false friend" whose
meaning in English is different from that in just about every other European
language (but the other languages are consistent with each other e.g.
'sensible' in French and 'sensibel' in German have the same meaning), which
sometimes leads to confusion. Even more confusingly, 'insensible' is not the
opposite of 'sensible' but rather means either 'imperceptible' or
'unconscious'.