[tor-relays] Bridge not being used

Joel Cretan jcretan at gmail.com
Fri May 19 03:23:22 UTC 2017

Hi relay operators,

I've run a number of relays, so I'm familiar with how this usually works
for non-bridges.

I'm working on a project that might want to connect through a bridge, so I
thought I'd fire one of those up to offset the demands I'd be placing on
the network.

I've been operating this bridge for about 30 days with RelayBandwidthRate
set at 5000 KBytes, which I thought might be attractive to some clients,
since most bridges are so small. But checking my logs for the last few
days, I don't seem to have had any clients at all recently. Is this
expected for a bridge, as clients don't rotate their bridge very often, or
is something possibly wrong? As far as I can tell, everything is working
OK, because I can connect through it with my own Tor client. The server
descriptor is published.

I'll avoid pasting the whole torrc since it's a bridge, but I can do that
with some parts removed if that would help.

Thanks!
jc