[tor-relays] Kitten1 and kitten2 compromised (guard/hs/fallback directory)

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Thu May 18 08:45:00 UTC 2017

> Currently, my server hosting kitten1 and kitten2 (tor guard and fallback
> directory) is under seizure since 14/05 11h.
> Private key are under encrypted volume and may be protected, but please revoke
> immediatly kitten1 & kitten2 tor node.
> Those nodes are also fallback directory.

I don't know any context or background but if you fear this could happen
to you again, I recommend to use tor's OfflineMasterKey feature (without
copying the master key to the server) with a short keylifetime (i.e. 7
days), especially if it is a fallback dir
(which requires a tor source code change to remove it).

Could you also confirm the relay fingerprints (in addition to the
nicknames)?

thanks,
nusenu

--