[tor-relays] Tor version on Debian Wheezy (oldstable)

Cristian Consonni cristian at balist.es
Wed May 17 15:04:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 16/05/2017 01:52, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> For those of you who are not on tor-announce... now would be a good
> time to remember to subscribe to tor-announce. :)

I run a couple of relays with Debian 7 Wheezy, which is the old stable
version.

AS you can see from the Debian package page[1] the latest available
version of Tor packaged for Wheezy is 0.2.4.27-3, which to me looks
quite behind either 0.2.5.12-4 available in Jessie (stable) or the
0.2.9.X series available through backports or testing.

What's the best to do in this cases?
* Should I start updating tor manually?
* Should I update Debian on the server? (which could well me start with
a fresh install?
* Is it ok like it is now, provided that the system is updated?

Thanks,

Cristian

[1]: https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=tor