[tor-relays] A Naïve Question About ARM

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sat May 13 18:51:42 UTC 2017

If you are using a debian derivative distro, follow:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en
(select tor from source, select either stable or experimental)
Build it, then install it..

If not debian, use the other guides there in the expert section..

Also remember, Raspbian isn't Debian:
*Raspbian is not Debian.* These packages will be confusingly broken for
Raspbian users, since Raspbian called their architecture armhf but Debian
already has an armhf. See this post
<http://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/242/how-to-run-tor-on-raspbian-on-the-raspberry-pi>
for
details.

However for Raspbian, if you get the source packages for debian, you should
be able to compile and install it correctly. I have done it.