[tor-relays] GeoIP file

Ian Zimmerman itz at primate.net
Mon May 8 03:20:39 UTC 2017

How does the tor daemon read the GeoIP database file?  Does it read the
whole file once when starting up, or every time it needs to resolve an
IP, or something in between (say, it builds an index in memory on
startup and then seeks to locations in the file when looking up)?

I am asking because I want to know if I need to restart, SIGHUP or in
some other way kick the daemon after I install a new GeoIP file into
place.