[tor-relays] Actual user demographics?

Jivan Amara development at jivanamara.net
Wed May 3 17:07:15 UTC 2017

The counter they made has a good point, that you really don't know who
is using it; but to suggest that means it's entirely used by criminals
is also ridiculous.
What can be known is *how* TOR is being used by setting up studies at
exits and seeing what kind of services people are connecting to.  From
that, some inference of *who* is using TOR is possible.  Maybe it's the
same guy buying cocaine from a black market seller that posts articles
on a civil rights abuses site, but it would be silly to make that
assumption.

From the usage stats I've seen, the TOR website paints a prettier
picture than the truth, but at the same time opponents paint a
significantly darker one.

--
Cheers,
Jivan Amara