[tor-relays] Fast relay dropped from use by Tor

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 12:01:42 UTC 2017

> On 1 May 2017, at 19:16, Sec INT <sec.int9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> This relay processed 7TB in April for Tor and processed 12 gb yesterday but today is hardly processing any data at all? Its barely doing 1000 b/sec? Its flagged as'fast, guard' etc so why is it not being used?
>
> I also checked on Atlas and this relay is not even listed anymore?

Perhaps it was unreachable for a while?

The directory authorities regularly check relay reachability, and if a
majority can't reach the relay, it is removed from the consensus.

> Finger: B39AD54B73A70DA68F6FC26CD0A874DE762B7825
>
> Is this BW auth issue?

No, it is measured between 2MBs - 8MBs, median 5MBs
(large page)
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health-2017-05-01-10-00.html#B39AD54B73A70DA68F6FC26CD0A874DE762B7825

> Oh and I checked the available bandwidth its 100mb/s up and down

Sometimes the bandwidth available on a single connection is different
from the kind of bandwidth that tor needs.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org