[tor-relays] Hackers

Gareth Llewellyn gareth at networksaremadeofstring.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 08:25:48 UTC 2017

Whilst your complainant seems to have a bee in their bonnet I'm not sure
you're doing anyone anyone any favours by CC'ing pseudo-private
correspondence into a mailing list.

As a fellow ISP owner running Tor Exits (AS28715) I also enjoy the "right"
to treat abuse requests according to rules that only I write (UK
legislation not withstanding) but IMHO we have a responsibility
proportional to our "mere conduit" superpowers, both to the privacy of Tor
users *and* crazy abuse@ emails from individuals.

This could turn into another Mozilla / Oil and Gas thing (
https://arstechnica.co.uk/security/2017/03/firefox-gets-complaint-for-labeling-unencrypted-login-page-insecure/
)