[tor-relays] Recent events in Tor-Relay.

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Wed Mar 29 06:48:06 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017, at 23:24, John Ricketts wrote:
> All,
>
> Any suggestions short of a restraining order?
>
> That was one of the most bizarre interactions I have ever had with anyone
> on the internet.

"If you would like me to block other Tor users from using my exits to
contact your servers, please provide the list of IP(s) and I will do so.
For any other requests, please feel free to serve papers to my lawyer",
or if you don't have a lawyer, just cut the last few words out.

After that, don't respond to anything other than a specific list of IPs
to block (and I'd sanity check them). Don't engage, don't encourage,
don't try to assume they'll suddenly get not-stupid if you can just get
them to understand why they're stupid, that's not how stupid works.

There's nothing to be gained from further debate or discussion, so why
not let them get bored and go yell at a fast food worker or a poorly
placed traffic sign or something instead of wasting more of your time?