[tor-relays] Relay installation instructions

Jeff Duncan wansabai.com at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 14:47:10 UTC 2017

Hi

I went to install a new relay today and found the guide on torproject.org
had changed. I used to follow this page:
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-relay-debian.html.en and where it says
: If you're on Ubuntu or if you want to track newer Tor packages, follow
the Tor on Ubuntu or Debian  instructions to use our repository. The link
works but this link used to have instructions for installing from the tor
project repositories and installing the gpg key. I do not see those
instructions now. The debian instructions in section 1 installs tor
0.2.5.12-4

I logged into another relay and found the commands and repositories via the
history command and I was able to install tor successfully. Is this an
oversight? Did I just miss something?

jmd