[tor-relays] Aggressive abuse report

Maarten tBKwtWS at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 16 17:33:38 UTC 2017

Hey Florentin,

That is great to hear!

I always include the argument that I am complying with their wishes. But
it is totally pointless as I am not the only exit node.

If they are truly interested in stopping abuse/attacks, they can block
all exit nods as they are publicly provided by tor.
But not all criminals use tor, some just used compromised servers and
such. Block Tor completely does not block all abuse.

And so security should be improved on the "complaining" server, no
matter if it is reachable by tor or not.

This leads me to the question if they are serious about security, or
serious about undermining privacy with excuses and legal loopholes.

The trick is to not offend anyone when making these statements.
Offended people usually have a hard time listening to reason, and only
focus on the damage to their image. Even if it is a private conversation.

Maarten.