[tor-relays] Changing exit to bridge

Matthias Fetzer tor at rofl.cat
Tue Mar 14 18:09:12 UTC 2017

Hi Volker,

i'd suggest to run a middle-relay at your home line. But be aware, that
some servers also block tor-middle relays, regardless of the relay type.
Running a middle relay will still have your IP listed in various
tor-relay lists.

If you run a bridge, most likely, this will not happen.

Also keep in mind, that it will take quite some time to get your IP
removed from the block lists etc. Maybe getting a "fresh" new IP for
your bridge might be an option. You might need to actively ask for
delistings.

Kind regards,
Matthias