[tor-relays] Aggressive abuse report

Florentin Rochet florentin.rochet at uclouvain.be
Tue Mar 14 12:41:53 UTC 2017

Hi list,

I am running Kadoc[0] for a few weeks and got today a more aggressive
complain from a System Administrator of my VPS provider. I seek for an
appropriate response to not get banned. Does someone experienced a
similar scenario and succeeded to educate the sys admins ? Here's the
complain:

/"It is running a Tor Exit, hence producing a false positive." is not a
valid reason.//
//You are the one responsible for the traffic generated on/trough your
server, so you should make sure that no similar traffic will appear in
future. Illegal actions are strictly prohibited in our network/servers.//
//Please take immediate actions to stop this kind of activity./

I am almost sure that trying to argument that I am not responsible for
the traffic generated through my Exit is not the right angle with such
guy. Any ideas ?

Best,

Florentin Rochet

[0]