[tor-relays] Remove IP from list of known Tor exit nodes

Paw pawsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:45:37 UTC 2017

> Your IP leaves the official list of current Exits automatically when it
> ceases to be an Exit.
> In the previous msg I just repeated the exit-addresses URL. I actually
> meant to ask: for how long has the Exit been offline? The oldest by
> LastStatus are now from 2017-03-01 ~15:00.
You are right. The "wrong" exit node is not figuring on
https://check.torproject.org/exit-addresses anymore. But it still
visible from https://atlas.torproject.org/.
Downtime
  4 days 5 hours 21 minutes and 6 seconds
Running
  false
How long will it keep figuring on atlas?

> So it wouldn't surprise me if Cloudflare won't unlist your IP on request
You are right. I have written some mails to support at cloudflare.com.
According to
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203306930-Does-Cloudflare-block-tor
Cloudflare updates its list of Tor exit node IP addresses every 15 minutes.
But the reply I got from their support was:
> it's not listed on honeypot it is not based on any maliscous activity
> but rather was a special list of TOR endpoints curated by the request
> of our customers to control access to their sites. As such your
> endpoint won't be removed from that as it is a TOR endpoint this is
> completely independent of the reputation.
They have not registered any malicious activity from the IP and it is
not figuring on https://check.torproject.org/exit-addresses, but still
they won't remove it from their list.

> So maybe you'll have to route your home traffic through some VPN now to
> get around the Great Cloudwall.
I have a few extra IPs, so for now I am routing outbound http-traffic
through one of them. But it is still a shame that such big companies can
do as they like, without any means to correct mistakes.

Thank you for your reply.

Best,
Paw