[tor-relays] Remove IP from list of known Tor exit nodes

fnordomat fnordomat at posteo.net
Thu Mar 2 15:08:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

Your IP leaves the official list of current Exits automatically when it
ceases to be an Exit.

https://check.torproject.org/exit-addresses

However, it will remain on any web-blocking lists for as long as the
web-blocking list operators please.

On the bright side you now have a daily reminder of the extent of
Cloudflare's gigantic MitM business.

Cloudflare and their filthy ilk couldn't care less about the collateral
damage they're inflicting on millions of people (as evidenced by their
dishonest, stalling approach to the Tor-Captcha problem and the recent
"cloudbleed" incident - and the very idea of selling MitM as a
substitute of security in depth - is evidence enough that the whole
operation is in bad faith).

The basic MO of their blocking lists: paint all traffic coming from one
IP address with the same brush. Once something they deem "bad" comes
from somewhere, use that as "ground truth" to "prove" that their
"service" is useful.

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/trouble-cloudflare

Pure snake-oil. So why should they care for exactness? They just want to
"make the web great again" for idiots by reducing the frequency of
perceived "attacks", with minimal involvement or human effort.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Cloudflare won't unlist your IP on request
because

a) apparently they don't think it worth their money to not piss off
minorities such as Tor users and

b) you know, the "bad guys could do that too".

So maybe you'll have to route your home traffic through some VPN now to
get around the Great Cloudwall.

But who knows.

Paw: