[tor-relays] Tor CPU usage

Arisbe arisbe at cni.net
Thu Jun 29 18:52:00 UTC 2017

I have a small Tor exit relay (VPS) running at +90% CPU capacity.
Memory usage is negligible.  I am unable to launch ARM as the single CPU
cannot process both Tor and arm.  Traffic is mostly high for a small node.

I have CPUsNum set at 2 in my torrc from its original setup. However,
pidstat 5 -p <pid> shows that only 1 CPU is employed.  lscpu shows that
the VPS is allotted 2 cpus.  CPU speed is around 2.44 M.

I'm hoping someone has some experience with this issue and can give me
advice.