[tor-relays] Consensus Weight calculation

Vort vvort at yandex.ru
Wed Jun 28 05:39:37 UTC 2017

> This could be part of your issue.
> The code for tor relays on Windows is not maintained very well.

There are many relays on Windows, which are not stuck.
And many relays on Linux, which are stuck.

> What is the connection / handle limit on the tor process and the user
> you are using for the tor process?

> For a non-exit relay, it needs to be around 10,000.
> For an large exit relay, it needs to be 50,000 or so.

Windows does not limit connection count for processes and users.
There are also no system-wide limit for sockets.
Except for available dynamic port range (1025-64510 on my computer).

> Now check the latency and bandwidth to these directory authorities.
> But only do to once, they have a lot of load already.

> Also, use gabelmoobwauth, rather than gabelmoo.
> And check Faravahar.

Latency (ping):
longclaw       / 199.254.238.53 : 187 ms
gabelmoobwscan / 131.188.40.189 : 44 ms
moria1         / 128.31.0.34    : 128 ms
faravahar      / 154.35.175.225 : 147 ms

Bandwidth (via PrivacyRepublic0001 and 16M file from 38.229.72.16):
longclaw                        : 285 KiB/s
gabelmoobwscan                  : 1195 KiB/s
moria1                          : 404 KiB/s
faravahar                       : 141 KiB/s

> Ok, the next limit will be the observed bandwidth.

After the yesterday test #5, observed bandwidth changed to 1.12 MiB/s.

> You need to be patient.

That's not a problem if I know that something will definitely
  change in the future.

-- Vort