[tor-relays] keypair does not match its older value

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 01:57:50 UTC 2017

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 08:25, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> Roger Dingledine wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:04:31PM +0100, Alexander Nasonov wrote:
>>> I tried moving a tor relay with offline master key to a new host but
>>> something went wrong and it printed several warnings:
>>>
>>> http status 400 ("Looks like your keypair does not match its older value.") response from dirserver
>>
>> This complaint happens when in the past you ran the relay with a given
>> RSA identity key and ED identity key, and now one of them has changed.
>
> Indeed, that instance used to run with RSA key.
>
>> Either move back to both of the original identity keys, or discard both
>> identity keys and start fresh.
>
> I started fresh.

You need to start both your RSA and ED identity keys fresh at the same
time. You can not re-use any previous keys of any type with a new key.

Or you must re-use a pair of RSA and ED identity keys that were first
used together.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n